Dr. C GOPALAN - President Of Nutrition Foundation Of India
- MD (Madras). Ph.D.(London), DSc (London)
- F.R.C.P. (Edin.), F.R.C.P. (London)
- Fellow of the Royal Society, London, F.R.S.
- Fellow of the Indian National Science Academy.
- Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences (India).
- D.Sc. (Hon. Caus.Banaras Hindu University)
OFFICAL POSITIONS HELD:
- Director-General, Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, 1974-79.
- Director- National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad, 1960-1974.
- President, International Union of Nutritional Sciences, 1975-79.
- Chairman, Regional Advisory Committee on Medical Research, WHO, 1975-1980.
- Member, Nutrition Expert Panel of the WHO/FAO for several years and participated in all the major meetings of the panel till 2010
- Founder President, Nutrition Society of India.
- President, First Asian Congress of Nutrition.
- Elected Honorary Member of the American Institute of Nutrition.
- Padma Shri, 1970.
- Padma Bhushan, 2003.
- Basant Devi Amir Chand Prize of the Indian Council of Medical Research in 1954 for MEDICAL RESEARCH.
- Basant Devi Amir Chand Prize (Senior) of the Indian Council of Medical Research for 1960 for RESEARCH IN NUTRITION AND PUBLIC HEALTH PROBLEMS.
- Amrut Mody Research Award for 1972 for CONTRIBUTIONS IN THE FIELD OF NUTRITION.
- Dr. B.C. Roy National Award for “DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIALITIES IN MEDICINE NUTRITION” (1974).
- Ambuj Nath Bose Prize of the Royal college of Physicians, London, 1976.
- Dhanvantri Award for outstanding contribution in Medical Research and LEADERSHIP IN THE FIELD OF NUTRITION AND MEDICAL RESEARCH, 1978.
- Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry Award FOR CONTRIBUTION IN THE FIELD OF NUTRITION, 1978.
- WHO-HEALTH FOR ALL MEDAL, 1988.
- Sir C.V Raman Gold Medal of the Indian National Science Academy in recognition of OUTSTANDING SCIENTIFIC MERIT, 1988.
- International Union of Nutrition Sciences Award for OUTSTANDING WORK ON NUTRITIONAL PROBLEMS OF DEVELOPING COUNTRIES, 1989.
- R.D Birla Award for OUTSTANDING MEDICAL RESEARCH, 1990.
- Awarded the Centenary Honorary Fellowship of The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine on the occasion of the Centenary Celebrations, 1999.
- LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD of the National Academy of Medical Sciences, 2005.
- First honorary life member of the World Public Health Nutrition Association (2010).
- LIVING LEGEND AWARD of IUNS 2013
- LIVING LEGEND AWARD FANS 2019
- ICMR – NIN CENTENARY AWARD 2019.
DR C GOPALAN PASSED AWAY ON 3RD OCTOBER 2019 .