C13, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi, 110016 email@example.com +91 9891485605
Dr. Prema Ramachandran - Director Of Nutrition Foundation Of India
- MD (Obst & Gyn) Madras University in 1971.
- MNAMS National Academy of Medical Sciences in 1974.
- Fellow of the National Academy of Medical Sciences in 1985 (Maternal and Child Health, Public Health, & Nutrition).
OFFICIAL POSITIONS HELD AND WORK DONE:
- Worked for the Indian Council of Medical Research for twenty five years (1971-1995). Carried out clinical and operational research studies on:
- Undernutrition in women and children.
- Nutrition – health and nutrition fertility interactions.
- Delivery of health, nutrition and family welfare services through existing primary health infrastructure in communities where under nutrition and anemia are common.
- HIV infection in India.
- Between Jan 1995 and Dec 2003 worked as Adviser (Health, Nutrition and Family Welfare) in the Planning Commission. In this capacity reviewed the National and state plans for these three sectors; prepared the drafts of the Ninth and Tenth Plan chapters as also the Mid term appraisal of the Eighth and the Ninth Plan pertaining to these three sectors.
- Since January 2004 working as Director , Nutrition Foundation of India , New Delhi.
- V.N.Patwardhan Award (ICMR),1979.
- Kshanika Oration Award (ICMR),1983.
- Kamla Puri Sabharwal Oration Award (LIC),1996.
- Dr.R V Rajam Oration Award (NAMS),1998.
- Dr SN Mukherjee Oration Award (FOGSI),2006.
- Dr Lalitha Kameshwaran Oration Award(SRMU),2008.
- Dr Mrunalini Devi Oration Award (MSU),2010.
- Dr BK Anand Award (NSI),2014.
- Dr Gopalan oration Award (NSI),2015.
- Dr Rajammal Devadass Oration, 2016.
MEMBERSHIP OF NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEES:
- Has been a member of the WHO Steering Committees and Task forces on nutrition, maternal and child health, contraception, HIV infection and Epidemiology.
- ICMR Representative, WHO Steering Committee, Task Force for Epidemiological Research, 1992-95.
- Acted as temporary adviser to WHO on the following projects:
- Sequelae of induced abortion.
- Prevalence of Vitamin B Complex deficiency in OC users.
- Lactation Nutrition Fertility Interaction.
- Studies on Low birthweight in SE Asian countries (WHO SEARO).
- Membership of Committees under GOI
- Member Prime ministers’ National Council on India’s Nutrition Challenges.
- Member of the Midday Meal Steering Committee.
- Member expert groups on Nutrition constituted by Deptt of Women and Child Development.
- Member, Expert Group on Health, National Human Rights Commission.
- Member, Expert Group on Food and Nutrition Security, National Human Rights Commission.
- Member, Scientific Panel on Nutrition and Fortification, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India.
- Membership of Committees under Indian Council of Medical Research.
- Past Member Scientific Advisory Board of ICMR.
- Past Member Scientific Advisory Group,
- Division of Non communicable disease.
- Division of Communicable diseases.
- Division of Reproductive health and Nutrition Division.
- Past Member Scientific Advisory Committee, of National Institute of Nutrition.
- Past Chairman Steering Committee of the National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau Member Steering Committees and Task forces of ICMR on nutrition, maternal and child health and contraception and HIV infection.
- National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Past President of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Member of the Council of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Past Member of the Credential Committee.
- Chairman Continuing Medical Education Committee.
- Institutional Ethic Committees
- Past Chairperson of the Institutional Ethic Committee of Lady Irwin College, and Institute of Home Economic New Delhi.
- Member of Institutional Ethic Committee of Public Health Foundation of India.
- Chairperson of the Institutional Ethics Committee of National Centre Disease Control.